We are very happy to announce #TSBC’s latest initiative to spread the love and joy of reading — #TSBCPassItForward.
So, what is this #TSBCPassItForward all about? It’s simple really. Read the book you have been sent, and pass it forward to another person (within India) to read. But before you do that there is this small matter of rules and and suggestions:
- This book belongs to someone, so please take care of it the way you would your own book. Please do not bend, dog-ear the pages or tear the book.
- Feel free to add your thoughts or comments in the margins or wherever you find space throughout the book. You are more than welcome to underline or highlight parts that you felt were special in any way, maybe even add a note as to why you thought so. Try to be clean while doing this and using a pencil for this is recommended. You can always add as many post-it notes to it as you like.
- On the last page of the book, please write your name and the place you are in so that by the end of this run, which will last about 10-15 ‘passes’ we will know where all the book has travelled to.
- Please use the hashtag #TSBCPassItForward when tweeting about receiving, sending, or generally talking about the book.
- Do tweet us when you receive the book.
- Each book will have different time period to read it and this will be mentioned on the first page of the book. You need to read it and send it forward within that time period.
Once you are done reading the book, this is what you need to do:
- Please announce on Twitter that you are ready to “PASS IT FORWARD”.
- You are likely to get a few people who are interested in reading the book next. The decision of who gets the book next lies entirely with you.
- Once you have made your decision, please announce who the lucky person is and then courier the book to him/her. Please make sure that the person you send the book to is active on Twitter.
- Please do follow-up with the person till they receive the book and they have tweeted that they have it with them.
This set of rules/suggestions is placed inside the book. Please ensure that it is kept safely and not lost. We suggest using this folded page as a bookmark so it does not get lost.
We hope that when the book returns to its original owner, #TSBCPassItForward would have linked many readers across states, cultures, expectation, religion, each of whom would have added a little bit of their own identity to it.
#TSBCPassItForward is in it’s experimental stage so feel free to contact us on Twitter or by email if you need any clarification.
All that remains to be said now is thank you and Happy Reading 😀