Let’s welcome 2016 with a bang, shall we? Please welcome the Great TSBC Book Exchange Programme 2016. 😀
#TSBC is a labour of love for us and we haven’t let limited resources or our personal lives deter us from our goal of sharing the love for books and the joy of reading with all of you. May we say, with pride and happiness, that we have succeeded to a large extent in this and #TSBC has become like a little family now ?
One of the primary goals of #TSBC, besides talking about books, is to be a medium for people to find others who share similar interests in books. Towards this, we are constantly on the lookout for activities that can be enjoyed by all and also spread the love of reading among people of all ages. Towards this, we introduced the Great #TSBC Book Exchange Programme in September 2013 to some amazing response.
And that enthused us enough to offer it again in 2014, and now again with the onset of the new year in 2016. This third edition is pretty much similar to the previous editions with some minor changes. So without much ado let’s get down to the brass tacks.
How does the Great #TSBC Book Exchange Programme 2016 Work?
It’s quite simple.
The Book Exchange programme is similar to the idea of Secret Santa. Admittedly, the idea is neither new nor original, but since something like this is being done exclusive for books, we hope it will bring some surprise and joy into the lives of the people who love reading.
So what happens is this: If you sign up for the Great #TSBC Book Exchange Programme, you will be the anonymous Secret Book Giver for one person randomly assigned to you. In turn, you will receive a book or books from your Secret Book Giver, who will remain anonymous to you.
Some Important Points to Keep in Mind
Continue reading The Great #TSBC Book Exchange Programme 2016
Things are a-changing at #TSBC.
Over time we’ve felt that by not collaborating with publishers, at least occasionally, you were losing out. Because we don’t run #TSBC as a business, we can’t have as many giveaways as we’d like to. Also, we think that since publishers are an important aspect of reading, they should also be celebrated. As a result we have decided to contact a few publishers who we think are exceptional their field and try and have events catered around books and reading.
Yes, things are changing now and we hope for the best. We thought you should know about how these changes will come into play.
- We plan on not promoting any single book or author at this time, even when collaborating with publishers.
- As much as possible all the events that are part of the promotion, will focus on the books and reading. But obviously, the interest of the publisher will be kept in mind since they are the ones generous enough to give us books for giveaways.
- These events and collaborations will not become a regular feature and our operations will remain the same. We promise that our recommendations and choices will not be influenced in any way just because a publisher is collaborating with us. However, the reason why we are collaborating with a publisher is because we already love their work.
- While we will try our level best not to have the “RT and Follow” procedures, I hope you will appreciate that you will have to follow the Twitter handles of the publisher and #TSBC to be eligible for the giveaways.
What’s in this for us? First up, we are not starting a PR company. We are still the same with our own separate businesses to take care of. However, we will request the publishers to give us (the three founders) some books for our personal use.
We also promise that in the end we are doing this for you, for more giveaways, for spreading the love of books a little more and let’s be honest here, everyone loves a free book. However, for the time being, we are staying away from working with a particular author or promote a particular book. Working with publishers will hopefully give all of us the benefit of dealing with multiple books by various authors.
Starting next week, we will have the first of our collaborations. We will also keep a log below of these collaborations just so you are aware.
We encourage you to participate in the events as and when they happen. We hope that this activity will help us put a spotlight on people who work inside the industry and many times behind the scenes.
March 23 to 29, 2015: Blaft Publications @blaftness
It seems we are a little over our heads with all the hashtags that we have concocted ever since we began #TSBC. Mind you, we aren’t complaining. But its always nice to simplify things, isn’t it? So, we have collected all the hashtags together and have attempted to deconstruct, decode and demystify them for the new participants. In other words, we explain each of the hashtags right here in one place on this page. Some of the grander hashtags have been features in individual posts, and you can click on their header to be directed to them.
So here goes…
The grand daddy of all the book chats and the reason why we exist ! #TSBC is our weekly chat that takes place every Sunday between 15:00 – 16:00 Indian Standard Time. It consists of us discussing 6 questions tweeted over an hour — 1 question every 10 minutes — on a book related topic decided earlier. It is a great way to meet fellow book readers and interact on different aspects of literature, publishing, personal choices, and pretty much anything related to books in the minutest of ways. Continue reading @TSBookClub Hashtags: Deconstructed, Decoded, Demystified
We are very happy to announce #TSBC’s latest initiative to spread the love and joy of reading — #TSBCPassItForward.
So, what is this #TSBCPassItForward all about? It’s simple really. Read the book you have been sent, and pass it forward to another person (within India) to read. But before you do that there is this small matter of rules and and suggestions:
- This book belongs to someone, so please take care of it the way you would your own book. Please do not bend, dog-ear the pages or tear the book.
- Feel free to add your thoughts or comments in the margins or wherever you find space throughout the book. You are more than welcome to underline or highlight parts that you felt were special in any way, maybe even add a note as to why you thought so. Try to be clean while doing this and using a pencil for this is recommended. You can always add as many post-it notes to it as you like.
- On the last page of the book, please write your name and the place you are in so that by the end of this run, which will last about 10-15 ‘passes’ we will know where all the book has travelled to.
- Please use the hashtag #TSBCPassItForward when tweeting about receiving, sending, or generally talking about the book.
- Do tweet us when you receive the book.
- Each book will have different time period to read it and this will be mentioned on the first page of the book. You need to read it and send it forward within that time period.
Continue reading Pass It Forward, the #TSBC Way